[j-nsp] SRX MPLSoGREoIPSec

Kevin Wormington kworm at sofnet.com
Tue Apr 15 14:47:33 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am interested in hearing from any on the list that are doing MPLS over
GRE over IPSec on the SRX platform with l2circuit/ccc.  I have done this
in the lab with SRX100Hs and it works quite well even fragmenting to
carry the simulated customer MTU of 1500.  The performance of these
units is about 18mbps with large (1500) packets and 8-10mbps with small
(80) packets.  I am curious what numbers others have seen with larger
SRXs such as the 240, etc.?

Also, does anyone know if GRE fragmentation/reassembly is done in
hardware on the M series tunnel adapter or the MX80?

Thanks,

Kevin