[j-nsp] Resetting link-state and PoE on EX3300

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jan 6 09:17:42 EST 2014

On 06/01/2014 13:00, Paul S. wrote:

> As far as I know, the sanest way in Junos to do both of those is
> configuring them, and then using a commit confirmed 1 to commit it.

Bleh. That wouldn't be quite so bad if commits weren't pretty slow on
EX3300. But I still don't think it's very clean.

(Fortunately the most important to us, flapping the link, can be done
with a RADIUS CoA if you are doing dot1x or macauth, which we are, so I
can probably live with that)

> This way, it commits and auto removes your disable a minute later --
> saving you the hassle of doing it yourself.
>
> I'm not aware of any operational mode commands for either.

The lack of a PoE "restart" seems in particular a bit of an oversight.
Oh well, never mind - thanks for the reply.