[j-nsp] Could you pls clarify a bit about OAM for link fault management?

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Fri Jul 11 02:08:28 EDT 2014

Hi Victor,

Something like this should do the trick once you've configured it on both ends:

set protocols oam ethernet link-fault-management action-profile UDLD event link-adjacency-loss
set protocols oam ethernet link-fault-management action-profile UDLD action syslog
set protocols oam ethernet link-fault-management action-profile UDLD action link-down
set protocols oam ethernet link-fault-management interface ge-0/0/23.0 apply-action-profile UDLD

We had a similar issue to solve at some sites connected via Free-Space Optics units.

Cheers,

Ben