[j-nsp] Large JunOS Space Deployments

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Thu Mar 6 11:46:56 EST 2014

I have been using JunosSpace for a number of T/M/MX routers for the past
six months.  There were a lot of bugs and issues with JunosSpace until
we upgraded to the 13.1 version.   We are using the JA1500 appliances in
HA mode rather than VM instances.

JunosSpace is pretty good at implementing configuration backups and
provides a nice software/hardware inventory as well.  You can event pull
a report on hardware inventory changes for a device.

Service Now! with the AIS event bundles have caught and alerted on a
number of hardware issues and software defects on our Juniper routers.
We had to filter out some of the AIS events (SNMP, ISIS, ..) from the
script bundles to keep the AIS alerts to avoid noise incidents.  The
ability to submit an AIS incident with relevant information to the JTAC
is pretty handy.

--
Clinton Work
Airdrie, AB