[j-nsp] ABR exit to NSSA routes

Amr Mahmoud amr.masoud at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 14:51:24 EST 2014

Hi,

I have R10 as ASBR in NSSA area#10 , R1 & R3 are two ABRs between area#10
and backbone area. R2 is in backbone area equally dual connected to both R1
& R3. I need to let R1 be prefered by R2 for IPv4 external routes
advertised by R10. and to let R3 be prefered by R2 for IPv6 external routes
advertised by R10. I also need to summarize NSSA routes to backbone area.

The problem I am facing is that both OSPFv3 & OSPFv2 are using the same
RID. R3 has the highest RID and it performs LSA7-LSA5 translation for both
OSPFv2(IPv4) & OSPFv3(IPv6) . So R2 always points to R3 for both IPv4 &
IPv6 external routes originated by R10 regardless of any nasa area-range
configuration done on R1.

Amr,