[j-nsp] MX5 10G Ports

Graham Brown juniper-nsp at grahambrown.info
Thu Apr 30 17:49:29 EDT 2015

Hi Colton,

This is now strictly enforced as of 12.2
http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB23535&smlogin=true
(login required). The interfaces will appear and be configurable but a
licence timer will countdown to zero, at which point the interfaces are
deactivated and will go dark. A licence will then need to be applied in
order to reactivate the interfaces.

show system license usage
License usage:
Licenses Licenses Licenses Expiry
Feature name used installed needed
scale-subscriber 0 1000 0 permanent
scale-l2tp 0 1000 0 permanent
scale-mobile-ip 0 1000 0 permanent
mx5-to-mx10-upgrade 1 0 1 29 days
mx10-to-mx40-upgrade 1 0 1 29 days
mx40-to-mx80-upgrade 1 0 1 29 days

show system alarms
3 alarms currently active
Alarm time Class Description
2011-09-08 11:55:08 PDT Minor License grace period for feature
mx40-to-mx80-upgrade(104) is about to expire
2011-09-08 11:55:08 PDT Minor License grace period for feature
mx10-to-mx40-upgrade(103) is about to expire
2011-09-08 11:55:08 PDT Minor License grace period for feature
mx5-to-mx10-upgrade(102) is about to expire

HTH,
Graham

Graham Brown
Twitter - @mountainrescuer <https://twitter.com/#!/mountainrescuer>