[j-nsp] MX240 MX480 and MX960 Power Consumption

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Fri Aug 21 09:40:20 EDT 2015

Components in the MX240/480 are all identical. The 480 just has physically larger chassis and 2 more power supplies.

If these are in a controlled environment and do not require NEBS, ie temp will NOT exceed 40c, then use a recent version of code and use the new power knobs to get the most power savings. Using cards like the NG MPC can really save power