[j-nsp] MX104 Limitations

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 09:27:49 EDT 2015

Interesting facts.
Now the Juniper MX104 win over Cisco ASR903 (max prefix limit) is not that clear anymore.

Since the chassis is 80Gbps in total I'd assume around 40Gbps towards aggregation and 40Gbps to backbone.

Also if BFD is really not offloaded into HW it would be a bummer on such a slow CPU.

With regards to 1588 I'd like to know if or how anyone deployed this on MPLS backbone if the 4G is in a VRF???
In other words 1588 runs in GRT/inet.0 so how do you then rely the precise per hop delay/jitter info to a 4G cell which sits in a VRF?
Never mind that the cell doesn't really need this precision and running 1588 with the server in 4G VRF across the 1588-blind MPLS core is enough.

It seems Juniper is still waiting for a big customer that is not willing to wait for BGP to converge millions of MAC addresses if DF PE fails (PBB-EVPN)

adam