[j-nsp] MC-LAG and layer 3 routing

Michele Bergonzoni bergonz at labs.it
Tue Jul 28 02:44:24 EDT 2015

> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos14.2/topics/concept/interfaces-active-active-bridging-and-vrrp-over-irb-mx.html

I went through it, but now that you pointed it out again I noticed something I didn't notice before:

"IRB MAC synchronization is supported on 32-bit interfaces"

Maybe that with "32-bit" they really mean "IPv4" (where IPv6 would be 128-bit) ? If this is true, then IPv6 can only work with VRRP. I will try.

> In an IPv6 network, you cannot configure an MC-LAG in an active-active
> bridge domain if you specified the vlan-id none

We are not using "vlan-id none" nor VPLS.

Thank you very much, Bhaskar, you made me read that again and think.

Regards,
                       Bergonz

--
Ing. Michele Bergonzoni - Laboratori Guglielmo Marconi S.p.a.
Phone:+39-051-6781926 e-mail: bergonz at labs.it
alt.advanced.networks.design.configure.operate