[j-nsp] 6PE RR & next-hop resolution best practices

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Mon May 18 09:57:24 EDT 2015

Hi Ivan, James,

To be honest I was improvising a bit with this one as we are using bgp.l3vpn-inet6.0 (6VPE) so I thought that 6PE would use bgp.inet6.0 but Ivan you’re right 6PE would be using inet6.0.
Alright so by default the inet6.0 would try to resolve NHs in inet6.3 right?
So it needs to be changed to resolve NHs in itself (while the loopbacks are leaked into inet6.0) so I guess the last piece of the config should actually be:

set routing-options resolution rib inet6.0 resolution-ribs inet6.0

adam