[j-nsp] VC on a QFX5100 won't go away

Chad Myers Chad.Myers at theice.com
Fri Nov 13 22:57:33 EST 2015

Aside from being in linecard mode, that status looks correct for a standalone qfx.
===
{master:0}
cmyers at lab-qfx5100-1> show virtual-chassis

Virtual Chassis ID: 79a5.39fa.6314
Virtual Chassis Mode: Enabled
                                                Mstr           Mixed Route Neighbor List
Member ID  Status   Serial No    Model          prio  Role      Mode  Mode ID  Interface
0 (FPC 0)  Prsnt    ############ qfx5100-48s-6q 128   Master*      N  VC

Member ID for next new member: 1 (FPC 1)
===

The "request virtual-chassis reactivate", and possibly a reboot after, should get it where you want it to be.

It is a little bit confusing at first, but it is always operating as a virtual-chassis.  It simplifies development and testing by treating standalone as "virtual-chassis with 1 member" case rather than having "virtual-chassis with 1-n members" mode and a separate "standalone" mode.  The EX4200/EX8200 do the same thing, although not as obviously.

-Chad