[j-nsp] inet6 ttl filter / equivalent of hop-limit on non MX series

Scott scttlists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 23:22:39 EST 2015

Hi All,

I am currently rewriting the inet6 firewall on a M120 and I am trying to
figure out how I can effectively filter traceroutes, especially tcp, as
hop-limit is supported on MX MIC/MPC only.

Any pointers are highly appreciated

The config is largely based on the Day One books, here is the inet version
I am trying to convert

    filter accept-traceroute {
        apply-flags omit;
        term accept-traceroute-udp {
            from {
                destination-prefix-list {
                    router-ips-ipv4;
                    router-ips-logisys-ipv4;
                }
                protocol udp;
                ttl 1;
                destination-port 33434-33523;
            }
            then {
                policer management-1m;
                count accept-traceroute-udp;
                accept;
            }
        }
        term accept-traceroute-icmp {
            from {
                destination-prefix-list {
                    router-ips-ipv4;
                    router-ips-logisys-ipv4;
                }
                protocol icmp;
                ttl 1;
                icmp-type [ echo-request timestamp time-exceeded ];
            }
            then {
                policer management-1m;
                count accept-traceroute-icmp;