[j-nsp] EX4600 Vs QFX 5100 VS ACX 5048

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Apr 30 11:13:16 EDT 2016

On 30/Apr/16 17:07, Colton Conor wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I looked at Brocade as well, but on their carrier ethernet page they
> only list the CES which has max 4 10G ports. The only thing that has
> more than 4 10G ports and is MEF certified seems to be their larger
> MLXe routers. Those are more built for core than metro access.

Yes, the CES/CER2000 NetIron boxes were the ones we looked at that were
capable for the job.

I know they had modular options that could take additional XFP-based
10Gbps line cards, but overall, the 10Gbps port density is low.

Ultimately, if you want a decent-sized and reasonably priced
10Gbps-capable Metro-E switch that will mostly work, the ACX5000 is
going to be hard to beat. What you need to think about is whether you
can live without some of the features the Broadcom chip won't support.
Most networks might, but I can't speak for them.

Mark.