[j-nsp] RES: ACX2200 - bandwidth control at subinterfaces

Alexandre Guimaraes alexandre.guimaraes at ascenty.com
Fri Aug 26 16:41:07 EDT 2016

Chris,
	I saw your email after this, don´t worry.

	I understand the situation where a routing platform had to be used
(MX routers). But, according ACX description, "a capable ACX Series
Universal Access Routers for metro-ethernet services" and so on....

	Perhaps my understanding of telecommunication is worst than ever
where in a world, the bandwidth is growing and growing faster than ever and
ACX provide good bandwitdth for small sites with a small price(less power,
less space, less price than a MX5/10), but these small sites had 50/100
l2circuits for different customers. In a 1Gig port, I can allocate 10/50
circuits giving low cost per port. (Thinking that everyone, had to monetize
their operation for each byte passing through).

	50 x 5mbps l2circuts cost less than 250Mbps peak, now imagine if 5
customers, with no bandwidth limits can do if  they reach 200Mbps each...
ACX is not for that? Only MX are? And those QFX? None of them had a minimal
bandwidth control or schedules or something that control the bandwidth.
Maybe I´m choose wrong my NNI equipment for small sites.

	I don´t know...

		can someone help?

Alexandre