[j-nsp] EVPN

Clarke Morledge chmorl at wm.edu
Fri Mar 4 20:01:44 EST 2016

Resurrecting an older thread, Amos at oasis-tech had this to say about his
EVPN testing:

"On single active multi homing, when the CE is a L2 switch. When failing
the active link the switch will learn the remote destination MAC through
the standby link very quickly. However, when the active link recovers and
becomes active once again, the CE MAC table does not flush and the CE keep
sending traffic to backup port that is now blocking. Obviously this is
only applicable to uni directional traffic scenarios. On bi-directional
scenarios MAC learning works like a charm."

I am running up against this in our lab testing. It would be nice to find
some way have to EVPN trigger a topology change via MSTP to cause the CE
to flush its MAC table upon active link recovery.

Getting two different L2 topologies; e.g. EVPN and MSTP, within the same
L2 domain to sync up is a real pain.

Anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Clarke Morledge
College of William and Mary
Jones Hall (Room 18)
Williamsburg VA 23187