[j-nsp] Core network design for an ISP

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Mar 27 06:27:14 EDT 2016

On 25/Mar/16 18:01, Raphael Mazelier wrote:

> Multiple loopbacks are always a good idea.
> It make maintenance much more painless.
> One loopback for inet, one for inet6, one for *vpn.
> Also colleague of mine point that is good to separate familly who
> support GRES from those who not.

I've used multiple Loopbacks for cases where RSVP tunnels need to be
strict and avoid the IGP/LDP path.

Otherwise, I've found a single Loopback to be just fine, although I can
see the case for the different Loopbacks that can be used for different
address families. I just feel it's over-engineering.

Mark.