[j-nsp] l2circuit/xconnect between MX104 and a ME3600X

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:00:16 EDT 2016

On 1 October 2016 at 01:02, Caio <caiot5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like I need to configure service instance and something like that.

You don't need a service instance to run a port based xconnect.

These are examples of working IOS to Junos pseudowires I have made;

https://null.53bits.co.uk/index.php?page=pwe3-ios-to-junos

> Juniper side:
>
> set interfaces ge-0/0/0 mtu 1600
> set interfaces ge-0/0/0 encapsulation ethernet-ccc
> set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0

Here you need "set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family ccc"

> set protocols l2circuit neighbor XX.XX.XX.XX interface ge-0/0/0.0
> virtual-circuit-id 2
> set protocols l2circuit neighbor XX.XX.XX.XX interface ge-0/0/0.0
> control-word
> set protocols l2circuit neighbor XX.XX.XX.XX interface ge-0/0/0.0 mtu 1600
> set protocols l2circuit neighbor XX.XX.XX.XX interface ge-0/0/0.0
> pseudowire-status-tlv

> Cisco side:
>
> pseudowire-class eompls
>  encapsulation mpls
>  control-word
>
> interface GigabitEthernet0/1
>  no switchport
>  mtu 1600

Here you have set the interface to 1600, IOS does not include the
Ethernet headers in this so it would need to be 1614 on the Junos side
to match. The MTU size must much or LDP will be sad face :(

>  no ip address
>  xconnect YY.YY.YY.YY 2 encapsulation mpls pw-class eompls

Try to match up your MTUs first and add that missing "family" statement.

On 30 September 2016 at 18:40, Jackson, William
<william.jackson at gibtele.com> wrote:
> Then what is the gi0/1:55

> #show xconnect interface Gi0/1 detail
> Legend:    XC ST=Xconnect State  S1=Segment1 State  S2=Segment2 State
>   UP=Up       DN=Down            AD=Admin Down      IA=Inactive
>   SB=Standby  HS=Hot Standby     RV=Recovering      NH=No Hardware
>
> XC ST  Segment 1                         S1 Segment 2
> S2
> ------+---------------------------------+--+---------------------------------+--
> DN pri   ac Gi0/1:55(Ethernet)           UP mpls YY.YY.YY.YY:2
> DN

That is an abritary number assigned by the switch, I think internally
it may assign an EFP number to that interface or some sort of service
interface ID...

abr1#show xconnect interface gi0/17 det
Legend:    XC ST=Xconnect State  S1=Segment1 State  S2=Segment2 State
  UP=Up       DN=Down            AD=Admin Down      IA=Inactive
  SB=Standby  HS=Hot Standby     RV=Recovering      NH=No Hardware

XC ST  Segment 1                         S1 Segment 2                         S2
------+---------------------------------+--+---------------------------------+--
UP pri   ac Gi0/17:71(Ethernet)          UP mpls xxxxxxxx:120           UP

abr1#show run int gi0/17
interface GigabitEthernet0/17
 description xxxxxxxx
 no switchport