[j-nsp] What is your experience with the EX2200

Emille Blanc emille at abccommunications.com
Sat Dec 9 14:50:28 EST 2017

We've got a half dozen EX2300 and EX2300-C's in production, and no issues for us with those so far.
EX2200's have been fine for us less a pair of 2200-C's that managed to go out the door with 15.x JunOS. But as someone stated in this thread earlier, there are known issues attempting this on the fanless compact form factor switch. We rolled them back to 12.x and they've been as solid as the rest since.
We're only using L2 features on both platforms though, less a few niche cases or temporary L3 config for network diagnosis purposes.
So can't provide much in the way of feedback on L3 features that OP is interested in.
Overall, we're quite happy with both platforms, and usually only bring in a 2300 over a 2200 if we need the SFP+ cages for 10gig uplinks.

Our typical feature use;
TACACS+
802.1ad tunnels and VLAN mapping
802.1q VLAN push/pop