[j-nsp] LDP VPLS - Multi-homing

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr bengelly at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 08:44:37 EDT 2017

Dear Aaron,

I can't relate for MX product-line and LSYS interactions.

Regarding SRX product-line and LSYS, it's mostly some functionnalities not
being handled well by the firewall at the LSYS level. In the end, I know it
forced my hosting colleagues to resort to some nasty workarounds that
became cumbersome and painful over time. So, in th end, less (if not !?!)
operationnel gain and a complexified debug process.

Regarding Logical DOM, it's is going to replace the LSYS functionnality.
Juniper is going to move trade off ressources / process separation for
scalabilty... Meaning, hardware and software ressources will not be
segregated anymore. Instead, you will be able to use create much more
logical DOM instances.

Juniper is just going to align with what other vendors are doing out there.

I hope this answers your questions.

Best regards.