[j-nsp] QFX 5100 and VLAN-CCC Unicast SNMP Counter wraping

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Mon Sep 25 08:38:12 EDT 2017

     Hi,

     Is it common knowledge that the Unicast Packets (Both In & Out)
COUNTER32 for VLAN-CCC wrap at 0x3fffffff instead of 0xffffffff?

Model: qfx5100-48s-6q
Junos: 17.2R1.13

     I have plenty of example from snmpget (sample taken every 10s) that
show the counter around 0x3fffffff.  aka: 1,073,640,642 (0x3ffe74c2)
before wrapping down into the 200k region. Which match my iperf of 80k
pps running on that VLAN-CCC

     PS: Wasn't fun trying to explain that to JNP Level 1 JTAC guy.  I
was really expecting that he would understand basic computer science
concept as what is hex and what's wraping.

--
-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443