[j-nsp] Mixing v4/v6 in other places (was Re: Mixing v4/v6 neighbors in BGP groups)

Rob Foehl rwf at loonybin.net
Wed Aug 15 12:10:45 EDT 2018

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018, Rob Foehl wrote:

> I may have been insufficiently specific...  I'm referring to:
>
> group example {
>     neighbor 192.0.2.0;
>     neighbor 2001:db8::;
> }
>
> vs.
>
> group example-ipv4 {
>     neighbor 192.0.2.0;
> }
>
> group example-ipv6 {
>     neighbor 2001:db8::;
> }

Hey folks,

Appreciate all the responses here, even those which apparently assumed I'd
been bored and daydreaming about trying to wedge both address families
into a single session -- hopefully the six week late reply is sufficient
proof otherwise... :)

I have a few follow up questions on related topics, especially for those
in favor of separate peer groups:

Are you doing anything differently in your IGP?  (Okay, a bit of a loaded
question, I know...)  What about LDP and/or RSVP transport?

How are you handling v6 TE -- nothing yet, 6PE, inet6 shortcuts, native v6
LSPs, waiting for SR to take over the world, something else?  Which Junos
release(s) were necessary to get there?

I'm still carrying v6 traffic around natively, though not sure how much
longer that'll be workable.  6PE seems like a step backward when the
network is already 100% v6 enabled, but then I haven't quite wrapped my
head around all of the options here...  Thanks in advance for any clue.

-Rob