[j-nsp] dhcp relay fail between VRFs

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Wed Dec 19 18:41:40 EST 2018

Nathan Ward [nward at daork.net] wrote:
> Hi Chris, check out the forward-only-replies option, pretty sure there was some stuff there I had to fiddle with.
>
> Can you post your config?

I'm using the bootp helper instead of the dhcp-relay feature. I don't know
if 'fud' handles both. When I tried using dhcp-relay, my remote PEs stopped
receiving DHCP replies. The router connected to the dhcp server would eat the
replies and they would never reach the remote PE router, despite the
interface that the DHCP server connects to not having any relay enabled.
Since it is a production network I stopped using dhcp-relay until I look
further into the documentation..

Chris