[j-nsp] 208v power and 110...

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed May 9 13:51:06 EDT 2018

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/concept/power-supply-mx240-ac.html

You can run the power supplies on either 120v or 208/240v .  If you use the lower voltage, you need 4 power supplies for redundancy.  If you use the higher voltage, you only need 2 for full redundancy.

You decide what kind of power to use by what you already have available, how many power supplies/circuits you have, etc.  If you are in a position to decide what kind of power to make available, then choose the higher voltage if possible--it is more efficient and requires fewer power supplies.