[j-nsp] QFX5110 : Q-in-Q in VXLAN

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Mon Sep 10 15:31:44 EDT 2018

On 10/09/2018 21:22, Raphael Maunier wrote:

> There is some limitation on the qfx due to the Broadcom chip. On the 10k, you don’t have all the limitations to the cheap chip ^^
>
> On the 5100 you have a lot of limitation on the 5110, you have less, but not sure it support the double tag encapsulated frames (Broadcom)
>
> I have a bunch of evpn infrastructure deployed, but I never tried to use q-in-q, so not sure if 5k will support this.
> I have 10k’s in the lab I may be able to test it

Got the same problem type of problem on EX5440 and QFX5100.
There are (very) slow limit on label stacking due to the chip.

Quoting the doc (Read
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/general/mpls-limitations-qfx-series.html)
:

- Push of a maximum of three labels is supported in the MPLS edge switch
if label swap is not done.

- Push of a maximum of two labels is supported in the MPLS edge switch
if label swap is done.

--
Raphael Mazelier