[j-nsp] [EXT] Any red flags on this MX240 configuration...

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Feb 26 10:09:41 EST 2020

I'd avoid the older RE-S-2000-4096-S with multiple full tables and newer code.  I have some older lab boxes that can't really handle it, but I keep them around just for lab testing.  I had to trim down the full tables with AS Path Length filters to keep them from running out of RAM, swapping, and eventually crashing/core dumping.

You really want a 64-bit capable RE, such as RE-S-1800X4-32G-S or newer.  The rest of the hardware should be fine (as long as the newer REs support it, I didn't check.)