[j-nsp] gNMI on MX960

Sebastian Wiesinger sebastian at karotte.org
Thu Mar 7 11:08:48 EST 2024

* Jared Mauch via juniper-nsp <juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net> [2024-03-07 16:51]:
> > What do you mean by complete?
>

> [edit services analytics]
> jared at Router# set sensor asdf resource ?
> Possible completions:
>   <resource>           System resource identifier string
>   /junos/services/health-monitor/config/  Health monitoring configuration
>   /junos/services/health-monitor/data/  Health monitoring data
>   /junos/services/ip-tunnel/usage/  PFE sensor for IP Tunnel statistics
>   /junos/services/label-switched-path/usage/  PFE sensor for LSP statistics

Okay, I see a lot of paths starting with /junos/ but no openconfig
paths there (like the one I'm testing
/interfaces/interface/state/counters). Don't know if that's expected.

> > The goal is to use Telegraf (which has a gNMI input plugin) to get
> > gNMI data from multiple vendors (mostly Arista, Juniper) and output it
> > to Prometheus and/or InfluxDB.
>
> Yeah, I’ve had a lot of start-stop experience with this myself.
>
> You also want to verify that the sensor paths are available in the code that you want, so are they actually in the tree:
>
> https://apps.juniper.net/telemetry-explorer/select-software?software=Junos%20OS%20Evolved&release=23.1R1&moduleId=All&platform=all&tagId=420294&tagName=lldp

Huh okay that's weird, Junos 21.2R3 is not listed at all on that page,
even though 20.2 and 20.4 are? But that might be a hint, I'll try one
of the releases from that page that have support for the path I want!

Best Regards

Sebastian

            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant