[j-nsp] gNMI on MX960

Ebben Aries exa at juniper.net
Thu Mar 7 16:04:46 EST 2024

> I'm also getting some incomplete data when I have all the enterprise
> protos loaded, hence why I posted code that shows incomplete/unparsed
> protos.

We can take this one offline to triage - will send you a separate mail

> Are there plans to distribute the open config proto files that juniper
> uses, or do these need to be loaded to work correctly?

When using compact GPB encoding (UDP/TCP or a separate gRPC dialout
service), we have a mix of proto first sensors (origin JTI/JVision) and
those derived from YANG models (which if YANG models change then the
proto message structs change) [and they do quite often as OpenConfig
models evolve, fix past behaviors, etc..]

We currently publish all proto IDL here:

  https://github.com/Juniper/telemetry/blob/master/23.4/23.4R1.10/protos/junos-telemetry-interface

So the corresponding proto IDL for this OC subtree:

  +--rw system
     +--rw processes
        +--ro process* [pid]
           +--ro pid      -> ../state/pid
           +--ro state
              +--ro pid?                  uint64
              +--ro name?                 string
              +--ro args*                 string
              +--ro start-time?           oc-types:timeticks64
              +--ro cpu-usage-user?       oc-yang:counter64
              +--ro cpu-usage-system?     oc-yang:counter64
              +--ro cpu-utilization?      oc-types:percentage
              +--ro memory-usage?         uint64
              +--ro memory-utilization?   oc-types:percentage

Is located here:

  https://github.com/Juniper/telemetry/blob/master/23.4/23.4R1.10/protos/junos-telemetry-interface/jkdsd_oc.proto

Thx

/ebben