[Outages-discussion] Another power outage today at Hurricane?

Alex Smith alex at mediacorpplc.com
Tue Nov 3 17:11:25 EST 2009

Stef Walter wrote:
> Anyone know if there was yet another power outage today at Hurricane
> Electric Fremont 2? Every piece of equipment I have there was without
> power for about 3 or 4 minutes.

3-4 minutes? Maybe I'm just paranoid but even with dual feeds, UPS and
generators I still put our own UPS's in our racks... Would have saved
you the pain of a temporary drop in power like that. Never trust the
provider to get things right, doesn't matter who they are things can and
do go wrong.

Though I guess that negates the savings from having lower costs at your
colo provider.

---
Kind regards,

Alex Smith