[Outages-discussion] [outages] comcast dns outage?

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Dec 6 11:36:52 EST 2010

On Dec 6, 2010, at 11:24 PM, Frank Bulk - iName.com wrote:

> My presumption has always been that these status pages are automatically updated with information no more than 5 minutes old, but I've now re-adjusted my expectations.

My presumption and experience has been that generally speaking, they're mostly manually updated, and rarely at that, and are generally a form of propaganda, as the suits will never let the ops folks be honest about such things publicly due to perceived PR issues/SLA liabilities.

;>

 	       Sell your computer and buy a guitar.