[Outages-discussion] [OT] The Great Transatlantic Cable Movie

Ryan Finnesey ryan.finnesey at HarrierInvestments.com
Sat Oct 30 05:22:29 EDT 2010

Do you know if this would be on Audible?

From: outages-discussion-bounces at outages.org [mailto:outages-discussion-bounces at outages.org] On Behalf Of Dan York
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 8:16 PM
To: Chris Burwell
Cc: outages-discussion at outages.org
Subject: Re: [Outages-discussion] [OT] The Great Transatlantic Cable Movie

Since we're off-topic on a Friday night... another similar book that I thoroughly enjoyed was:

  How the World Was One: Turbulent History of Global Communications by Arthur C. Clarke

A collection of his essays, speeches and other text that covered the laying of the early telegraph cables and then later got into satellites.  Came out back in 1992... seems like it's hard to find right now online.... but was an enjoyable perspective on all of this.

Dan