[Outages-discussion] FEMA, W.H. send victims to Internet

Vinny_Abello at Dell.com Vinny_Abello at Dell.com
Tue Oct 30 15:18:24 EDT 2012

Except when cellular service is out... It is in 95% of the ~20 miles I traveled today in north western NJ just trying to find signal to try and contact family members. Maybe just my bad luck in this area. I hope others are more fortunate.

-Vinny

From: outages-discussion-bounces at outages.org [mailto:outages-discussion-bounces at outages.org] On Behalf Of Owen DeLong
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:21 AM
To: Jared Mauch
Cc: outages-discussion
Subject: Re: [Outages-discussion] FEMA, W.H. send victims to Internet

Seems to me that cellular phones with browsers and other internet-enabled applications are the obvious answer.

Owen

On Oct 30, 2012, at 04:34 , Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net<mailto:jared at puck.nether.net>> wrote:

Was reading and came across this. The Internet is now the primary means of government communication replacing the emergency alert system it seems...

[POLITICO]<http://politico.com/>

FEMA, W.H. send victims to Internet<http://politi.co/Tklj8h>
[image]<http://politi.co/Tklj8h>

By STEVE FRIESS | 10/29/2012 04:48 PM EDT

When President Barack Obama urged Americans under siege from Hurricane Sandy to stay inside and keep watch on ready.gov<http://ready.gov/> for the latest, he left out something pretty important - where to turn if the electricity goes out. Despite the heightened expectation o...

READ ON POLITICO.<http://politi.co/Tklj8h>

Jared Mauch