[Outages-discussion] FEMA, W.H. send victims to Internet

Hamm, Jack jhamm at akamai.com
Tue Oct 30 20:41:09 EDT 2012

I'm seconding on ham radios.

I don't expect everyone to get a license, but there can be enough critical mass to keep a pretty robust system up during emergencies.  I've been talking with some other hams in the SF Bay area about developing a field deployable, high-speed, network to support emergency services.  We can combine the best of modern technology with good ol'fashioned neighborliness to help each other out during emergencies.

Cheers,
Jack Hamm (also a ham, N1REU)