[Outages-discussion] [outages] CableOne DNS issue?

Greg Dickinson Greg.Dickinson at bryantbank.com
Sat Mar 25 09:59:31 EDT 2017

Are we certain that MX records aren't required?  Per the RFC:

" The lookup first attempts to locate an MX record associated with the
   name.  If a CNAME record is found, the resulting name is processed as
   if it were the initial name.  If a non-existent domain error is
   returned, this situation MUST be reported as an error."

Greg Dickinson
Network Engineer | Bryant Bank

O: 205-917-2407  C: 205-234-6427
www.bryantbank.com