[Outages-discussion] Question_about_the_Google_ “sorry” page...

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Mon Jun 29 14:04:06 EDT 2020

Once upon a time, Damian Menscher <damian at google.com> said:
> The easiest method is with IPv6, since then each user can have their
> own /64 (our abuse systems don't look deeper than that).

Are you sure?

I have a Linode VM, with a v6 /64.  I use Lynx to do a lot of quick
lookups of things (much lighter weight, doesn't require hands leaving
the keyboard, often easier to copy+paste bits).  I haven't been able to
search on Google from it for a while now (months to a year maybe?).  I
always get the "too many requests" error page (apparently with a CAPTCHA
that of course I can't resolve).

If I force a v4 hit with an /etc/hosts entry, Lynx works.
--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>