[Outages-discussion] Mediacom intermittent packet loss

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Feb 19 21:17:35 EST 2022

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Scott Buettner" <DasterinTempus at outlook.com>

> I hate to ask since this isn’t really the forum, but I’m sort of out of ideas:
> Would anyone from MediacomCable be able to reach out to me offlist? I’m not
> gonna call it an outage, but I have a client on their service who is having
> crippling intermittent upload packet loss (~85%) for most of this month, calls
> from him to phone support have not resulted in a resolution and it’s seriously
> affecting his home business.
>
> Thanks in advance if anyone can assist, and sorry to bother everyone otherwise.
> --Samantha

The cable carrier has confirmed there's not a low-signal problem on the link,
and other first-level stuff like that?  Do they have their own router, have
they plugged directly into the cablemodem for test (after a powercycle)?

What protocol isn't working, does other stuff not work too?

You're right, this is usually out-of-scope for Outages, but at least you
posted it on -discuss.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra