[outages] Verizon Business

Andy Ringsmuth andy at newslink.com
Thu Aug 26 17:22:21 EDT 2010

On Aug 26, 2010, at 4:10 PM, Jason L. Sparks wrote:

> Catastrophic event. Interesting language for a fibre cut?
>
> ~ jason
>
> > We got this message from our account rep:
> >
> > "We are have a catastrophic event (fiber cut) going in Riverdale, IL"
> >
> > Not sure if it's related
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM, notifications <notifications at mattfilip.com
> >> wrote:
> >
> >> We currently have at least 5 sites down on Verizon Business MPLS in the
> >> Midwest. (Chicago, Milwaukee, Indy) We’ve been on hold with TAC for 30+
> >> minutes. Any info is appreciated.

Well, Riverdale does have about four very large railroad yards.  So if the fiber cut is, for instance, hypothetically speaking, underneath a big burning pile of locomotives and tank cars carrying HazMat, I suppose that could be considered a "catastrophic event."  Just sayin'....

----
Andy Ringsmuth
andy at newslink.com
News Link – Manager Technology
1845 S. 11th St., Lincoln, NE 68502
(402) 475-6397    (402) 304-0083 cellular