[outages] VoIP - complete outage at DASH Carrier Services

Chris Stone cstone at axint.net
Wed Dec 15 10:45:48 EST 2010

On 12/15/2010 07:24 AM, Patrick Shoemaker wrote:
> What ended up happening with this, if you don't mind sharing? I'm
> considering using Dash in the future and would like to know how they handled
> this / what the issue was.

The last word was that it had something to do with the 'SBCs'. Calls are
still working fine this morning and we're supposed to hear what the actual
outage cause was and what they did to resolve and what they plan to do to
keep this from occurring in the future.

The last email from them regarding this was yesterday at 8:00pm MST:

"Outage Notification Update:

Calls continue to process successfully and dash has observed no further
issues in the SBCs.  dash will continue to monitor all call processing very
closely.

A detailed description and reason for the outage shall be provided tomorrow.
 Additionally, dash will continue to work with Acme Packet until a root
cause is determined."

Chris