[outages] Comcast outage in SoCal?

Andy Ringsmuth andyring at inebraska.com
Wed Dec 15 21:21:25 EST 2010

Anyone happen to know what's going on with Comcast in the LA area?  DreamHost, my hosting provider, reports:

Reduced Download Speeds
Posted (December 15th, 2010 at 11:23 am PST) by Sandon
We have noticed some performance issues with one of our transit providers that provide us connectivity to the internet. Speeds are significantly lower than usual but latency appears to have stayed the same. We are contacting the transit provider to troubleshoot the issue and will post updates.

The reduced performance is not bad enough where it should effect regular browsing of web-sites but might be noticeable on large file downloads. Upload speeds to our network appear to be unaffected.

UPDATE 6pm PST: The ticket we opened with the provider (Comcast) is being looked into, and we’re waiting to hear back from them. We’ll update this post again as soon as we get news.

Was wondering if anyone here knew more.

---
Andy Ringsmuth
7215 Dorchester Court