[outages] Major XO issues?

Philip Holmes pholmes at advancedmd.com
Thu Sep 16 12:54:33 EDT 2010

Our datacenter in Salt Lake City forwarded us this message from XO:

"I wanted to give notice in case you were having issues connecting to
various websites today.  There is a problem with a peering router which
allows XO's network to connect to outside networks.  Impact appears to
be pretty broad due to the volume of routes that egress/ingress that
peer.   Our Engineering is working to correct.  We don't have an
estimated time for resolution just yet, but this our top priority issue
right now and all levels of our repair organization are engaged."

Philip Holmes