[outages] Verizon PSTN in NYC

Jon Radel jradel at vantage.com
Tue Aug 23 15:05:25 EDT 2011

The only problem I've confirmed was cell phones; networks acting
saturated rather than hard failure.  All other reports of problems I've
heard appear to be traceable to people doing things like calling their
own cell phones to confirm that their desk phone worked and then
reporting it as a desk phone failure.

--Jon
Who spend much of the earthquake under his desk in Virginia not liking
how the concrete slab under him was moving

--
Jon Radel
Sr. Director of Engineering

This email message together with any attachments constitutes confidential and privileged information intended exclusively for the listed addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Vantage by immediately telephoning 267-756-1014.  In addition, please reply to this message confirming your receipt of the same in error. Please do not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information.  Kindly destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.  Any other use of this email is prohibited.  Thank you for your cooperation.  For more information about Vantage, please visit our website at http://www.vantage.com.