[outages] fiber cut in Spokane, WA

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Apr 19 21:49:41 EDT 2012

Reposting two messages from NANOG.

-----Original Message-----
From: John van Oppen [mailto:jvanoppen at spectrumnet.us]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:37 PM
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: RE: fiber cut in California?

We saw the issues on the AS209 backbone as well from our vantage point here in Seattle but we also show a circuit we have down (that rides Qwest) between Yakima, WA and Spokane, WA.   The outage corresponds to the IP issues so I would think that it is probably the same cut affecting both the wave we are seeing as out and the IP issues (which mostly seem better now).

Thanks,
John @ AS11404 here in Seattle.