[outages] Comcast Netgear modem issues Nationwide??

Mitch mitpatterson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 09:50:01 EDT 2013

Ok so from some off list replies and a post i made on DSL reports it
seems we are most definitely not the only ones affected. From what
National Accounts has told me if a remote reset/reboot from the CMTS
didn't fix it they were told to send a truck.....So I had to set up 11
truck rolls.. most today.. some were pushed to the 23rd....needless to
say the ones that far out were escalated.

Comcast hasn't given me any good info in regards to the EXACT issue,
but my hunch as well as others seems to point to a botched firmware
and/or config push.