[outages] Cogent /ATT and Verizon Peering alternatives

Rusty Hodge rusty at hodge.com
Tue Feb 11 13:45:15 EST 2014

FYI- This is the form letter that Cogent is sending to anyone who opens a ticket about the issues with Verizon. I'm starting to get a collection of them.

Dear Cogent Customer,

The latency and/or packet loss that you are experiencing to this destination is due to high traffic from one of our peers with Verizon. We have reached out to Verizon to request assistance resolving the amount of traffic they are sending on this peer and are awaiting their response. We will continue to reach out to them until they respond.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us by e-mail at support at cogentco.com or by phone at 877-7COGENT (877-726-4368).

Thank You,

Cogent Communications
T 877.726.4368, option 2