[outages] GoDaddy DNS - Here We Go Again...

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:53:18 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Mike Phipps via Outages <
outages at outages.org> wrote:

> A few of our client domains just suddenly started failing to resolve. As
> it turns out, those domains are ones whose name service is handled via
> GoDaddy. There's a thread on Reddit that suggests that this is pretty
> widespread, but the exact scope isn't known yet, and GD has not announced
> the issue.
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/2fczdc/godaddy_premium_dns_down/
>

> Dig queries to domains that are on PDNS01 or PDNS02 fail. There are
> probably others.

We are seeing queries to PDNS02 being refused depending on anycast
location, but we can't pinpoint them exactly as hostname.bind queries are
not answered. Some locations answer fine, some not, depending not only on
country but also on transit provider.

Rubens