[outages] Major Level3 outages?

Geoffrey Mina gmina at connectfirst.com
Thu Sep 4 09:23:05 EDT 2014

The root cause was a faulty supervisor card on a router. It was scheduled to be replaced tomorrow at 6pm GMT.

When the router crashed again today they decided to perform the maintenance early to stabilize things.

We saw a similar issue on Tuesday afternoon. Hard down for 5 minutes and then about an hour of lingering bgp issues.

Sent from my mobile device.