[outages] North Carolina TWC IPSEC VPN Issues

David Palmerton david at palmertons.com
Mon Aug 1 09:23:25 EDT 2016

We experienced something similar with a customer in North Carolina, also on TWC.

Traffic from their site via VPN dropped about 6 AM, and the VPN dropped. The tunnel was restored but no traffic could traverse it. Traces were inconclusive but it was apparent that there was an issue with transmit/receive or somewhere a route had changed.

Finally routed them to another carrier on our side to resolve the issue.

This was a commercial site, I'll check to see if they use ARRIS modems.

David