[outages] Frontier Connectivity Issues

Troyer, Andrew andrew.d.troyer at ftr.com
Thu Dec 29 11:20:22 EST 2016

Raymond,

Just checked our NOC page and I don’t see anything in those markets that shows a large outage.  I can tell you that we do not serve any MD locations last mile & CO is just transport node.  IN, SC, MD, WV, PA & OH do not share any common equipment including CAR or COR routers.  They all transport to different primary COR routers that are geographically diverse from another.  Do you have a traceroute of a downed site?  I ‘should’ be able to see if a peering point is congested and if so whether it’s ingress or egress.  That would generally be the only common point with ZAYO.  Depending on how they broadcast the IP blocks via their ASN that we point to it has the possibility of sharing common equipment.

Feel free to call, email or text if you have any questions and I can point you in the right direction.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D261C5.898F57D0]

Andrew Troyer
Manager, Sales Engineering
Mid-South & Central Regions