[outages] AOL instance message login issue

Vincent Aniello vaniello at schonfeld.com
Tue Apr 25 11:37:41 EDT 2017

What version of AIM are you using?  AOL recently dropped support for AIM 7.5.  See https://help.aol.com/articles/download-latest-aim-version.

--Vincent

From: Outages [mailto:outages-bounces at outages.org] On Behalf Of Steve Meuse via Outages
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 11:23 AM
To: Matthew Huff <mhuff at ox.com>
Cc: outages at outages.org
Subject: [SENDER UNVERIFIED]Re: [outages] AOL instance message login issue

(I assume you were meaning to say Instant Messenger)

They announced a while back that they were dropping support for external IM clients at the end of April. Are you using the AOL branded client, or third party?

https://arstechnica.com/business/2017/02/aol-will-cut-off-third-party-app-access-to-aim/

-Steve