[outages] Lightower NYC

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Thu Aug 17 14:59:35 EDT 2017

Finally got some info.  Manhole fires are never good news:

-----
Dear Valued Customer,
After reviewing our fiber test results, a fiber impairment has been identified.  We currently have fiber crews in route to the suspected location.  We are also in communication with the local utility company who has confirmed a manhole fire in the suspected area.  The local utility company has arrived on site and is accessing the impact.   Additional updates will continue to be provided as they are made available.