[outages] CenturyLink Internet Outage in Iowa, possibly Nationally?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Aug 23 14:36:22 EDT 2019

*** CASCADED EXTERNAL NOTES 23-Aug-2019 18:09:40 GMT From CASE: 16976512 -
Event
Field Operations on site have identified that equipment laying rock in the
area had damaged multiple cables.  Efforts to identify the extent of the
damage and formulate a repair plan are ongoing.

While efforts to identify the fiber damage were ongoing, services were
migrated to a diverse fiber path to restore all services.  At this time all
services have been restored but are currently in a Loss of Redundancy state
while the fiber repairs remain ongoing.  The Transport and IP NOC will
continue to monitor services while the fiber repairs remain ongoing to
ensure stability.  A final notification will be provided momentarily.